Please note: This is only a general members terms and conditions. Please read through the full terms and conditions at registration.
- Are over the age of 22 and under the age of 70
- Are full driving licence holders for the class of vehicle being hired, who have held their licence for a minimum of 24 months
- Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last five years
- Have had no more than two accidents in the last three years
- Have not been disqualified from driving for a period exceeding six months in the last three years or has been disqualified for more than three months during the past year.
- Whose licence has not been suspended or endorsed for the following major offences in the past 5 years:
- failure to stop when so required by member of the Garda Siochana
- driving a vehicle when unfit
- breach of duties at an accident
- driving without insurance
- driver found to be driving carelessly
- all drink driving offences
- Any person not disclosed on the hirer driving declaration (application)
- Have had no more than two theft claims in the last three years.
- Are not a professional sportsperson, a professional model, a member of the entertainment profession or a person without a permanent address or residence
- Any members with a medical condition which requires notification to the National Driving License Service must notify YUKÕ Toyota Car Club prior to membership being permitted.
- YUKÕ Toyota Car Club has insurance coverage for the persons using the vehicle with their permission (and not otherwise) in accordance with an Automatic Liability Insurance Policy. This policy meets all applicable statutory requirements and protects the owner and/or authorised driver of the vehicle against any legal claims from third parties for personal injury or material damage caused by the use of the vehicle.
- The member waives all rights to and agrees that YUKÕ Toyota Car Club or persons acting on its behalf will conduct negotiations and agree any settlement with the insurers and that any monies in respect of vehicle loss or damage will be paid to YUKÕ Toyota Car Club or such persons as YUKÕ Toyota Car Club may direct.
- YUKÕ Toyota Car Club has insurance coverage for persons who have their Yuko account approved by the Yuko membership team. Only persons with an active membership are covered under this insurance policy.
- Members with a suspended or a closed account do not qualify for insurance covered. Driving a Yuko vehicle without insurance coverage can incur a fine of €500.
- Inspect the vehicle for any damage either inside or outside the vehicle and report to YUKÕ Support.
- The member is only authorised to use the vehicle at the time and date specified in a booking made with YUKÕ Toyota Car Club.
- The vehicle must be returned by the agreed time and date to the designated street as booked with YUKÕ Toyota Car Club.
- The member agrees he/she will return the vehicle with all documents and accessories present at the time of collection and in the same condition as they were on collection.
- All extension of vehicle hire requests from YUKÕ Toyota Car Club must be made prior to the agreed return time for hire.
If the vehicle is not returned by the agreed time and date to the designated collection point, YUKÕ Toyota Car Club will charge the member at the agreed hire rate (seerelevant tariff details on YUKÕToyota Car Club Website).
If the member fails to inform YUKÕ Toyota Car Club that they will return the car late prior to the original end time, YUKÕ Toyota Car Club may apply a penalty charge of €25.
If the vehicle is not returned to YUKÕ Toyota Car Club in the same condition as it was in on collection, including all documents and accessories present at time of collection, YUKÕ Toyota Car Club will be entitled to charge the member a €25 penalty fee.
You can be charged for your booking anytime 3 hours prior to your booking start time.
Full details of all the joining and rental charges are as shown on the Yuko Toyota Car Club website under pricing.
- The member is responsible for the first €1850 of any costs of repairs for damage to the vehicle, howsoever caused.
- The member is responsible for any charges or fines that occur as a result of their booking.
- The member is responsible for the vehicle and liable for any damages from the time they start their booking until they return the vehicle back to its designated street and end their booking.
- The member is responsible for any costs arising from damage to, tyres, lost, stolen or broken keys, key rings, accessories, any wearable vehicle item or damages caused by (i) the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
- The member is responsible for the first 20% of the cost of any claim resulting from the theft of the vehicle whilst in their custody or control, if negligence is proved.
- The member is responsible for 100% of the cost of claim should it be proven criminal damage was caused to the vehicle by the member.
- The member is responsible for reporting all damage that occurs to the vehicle, insurance coverage is waived if damage is not reported to Yuko customer support as soon as possible after incident.
- The member must look after the vehicle, making sure it is locked and secure when not in use.
- The member is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle interior is left clean and tidy before it is returned.
- to be used to smoke in
- to be used to carry passengers or cargo for remuneration (it is however permitted to share the cost of hire with passengers)
- to be used to propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object
- to be used to take part in any race, rally, pace-making, trials, speed testing or other contest;
- to be used for motor trade use
- to be used while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance impairing their consciousness or ability to react
- to be used in contravention of any traffic regulations
- to be driven by any other person (including any other member) who has not first been authorised by YUKÕ Toyota Car Club
- to drive or be driven outside the island of Ireland
Unpaid eflow charge: €5 penalty If you return the vehicle with less than 1/4 tank of fuel: €25 penalty For late return: €25 penalty Leaving lights on / not leaving the vehicle in park: €50 penalty If the vehicle is excessivley dirty after your trip: €50 penalty For unreported damage before or after your booking: €100 penalty If car is left on a one way trip: €100 penalty For smoking in the vehicle or transporting pets: €200 penalty For allowing an unauthorised driver to operate a Yuko vehicle: €500 penalty & permanent ban from Yuko.
The member must report any traffic accident, loss, damage, or theft to YUKÕ Toyota Car Club as soon as practically possible, which would normally be within 6 hours; the police reference number allocated must be provided. The member must not admit liability or guilt in the event of an accident, or promise to pay any third party, or attempt any repair. A Service Provider accident or theft report form must be fully completed on request. If the member does not comply with this request, insurers may refuse the claim. The member agrees to co-operate with YUKÕ Toyota Car Club and its insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings.
YUKÕ Toyota Car Club is not liable to the member or any passenger for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle eitherduring the period of hire or thereafter. Such property is left entirely at the member’s or passenger’s own risk. Members are not covered by YUKÕ Toyota Car Club’s insurance for the theft of possessions or valuables from the vehicles. Contact YUKÕ Support for retrieval of your belongings.
The member consents to the computer storage and processing of the member’s personal data by YUKÕ Toyota Car Club in connection with this Agreement and to the transmission of this data for the purposes of YUKÕ Toyota Car Club’s legitimate interests including statistical analysis, marketing of our services and credit control. If the member breaches this Agreement, the member’s personal data may be disclosed or passed to third parties to the extent necessary to assist recovery procedures.
- The member agrees to indemnify and hold YUKÕ Toyota Car Club harmless against any claims in connection with operation of the vehicle, any damages suffered by, including without limitation, the fines and other consequences referred to in clause 5 above, or any matters which are the consequences of the member’s acts or omissions.
- YUKÕ Toyota Car Club expressly disclaims any liability for damage or loss of any kind suffered by the member or any third party, unless it has been proven that YUKÕ Toyota Car Club is at fault.
Any proceedings arising in connection with this Agreement shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in the county of registration of the vehicle. The applicable law in any proceedings will be the law of the courts of Ireland.
The member shall not be entitled to assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligation under this Agreement.